Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Drilling porcelain tiles... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. GaryM

GaryM Active Member

Can anybody recommend drill bits for a porcelain tile?
    I’m looking to drill around 10 x 6mm holes and 2 holes to pass 10mm plastic pipe through.

Also what’s the best way to cut a 117mm hole into the centre of a porcelain tile for an extract fan?
    I’ve done it before using an angle grinder and tile nipper but that was with a ceramic tile.

Thanks all

2. macten

macten Professional Tiler

Just use angle grinder again - nipping and filing is tougher on porc but use the extractor as a template and you'll see you don't have to make a real tidy job of it as there's usually loads of leeway - I've done it before where cutting a hexagon out with the grinder has been fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pdc

pdc Living the dream..... Professional Tiler

Rubi wax filled bit for the angle grinder. It'll do the 6mm holes ( or buy a 7mm and normal 6mm once you're through the tile ) . You can use that same bit to "grind" out a bigger hole. For the extractor just use the angle grinder

4. Ttt1601

Ttt1601 Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Have a look on pro tiler tools, they do the bits for a grinder and are superb quality

5. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

6. GaryM

GaryM Active Member

Thanks very much.