Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Drilling porcelain tiles... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GaryM

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Can anybody recommend drill bits for a porcelain tile?
I’m looking to drill around 10 x 6mm holes and 2 holes to pass 10mm plastic pipe through.

Also what’s the best way to cut a 117mm hole into the centre of a porcelain tile for an extract fan?
I’ve done it before using an angle grinder and tile nipper but that was with a ceramic tile.

Thanks all

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just use angle grinder again - nipping and filing is tougher on porc but use the extractor as a template and you'll see you don't have to make a real tidy job of it as there's usually loads of leeway - I've done it before where cutting a hexagon out with the grinder has been fine.

OP
W

WetSaw

Rubi wax filled bit for the angle grinder. It'll do the 6mm holes ( or buy a 7mm and normal 6mm once you're through the tile ) . You can use that same bit to "grind" out a bigger hole. For the extractor just use the angle grinder

OP
O

Old Mod

Pro Tiler Diamond Hole Cutters (Dry Cut) M14 Fitting | Amazing Prices of Hole Cutting to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/tile-cutters/hole-cutting/pro-tiler-diamond-hole-cutters--dry-cut--m14-fitting

I’m sure Sam @Pro Tiler Tools can advise you.

Reply to Drilling porcelain tiles... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock