Discuss Drill bits, who's the daddy ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

thevinnyofoz

So who is the daddy in the drill bit world ?

I'll be wanting a nice set soon and would like to know what you would reccommend ? oh and i'm most interested in bits suitable for natural stone.

:8:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Top of the food chain would have to be 365, I'm also interested in the rotozip xcores, dry drilling as opposed to having water / cooling with the 365 bits.

T

thevinnyofoz

Thanks i'll do a little research on them. As for the roto zip, looks good but wow are they expensive.

B

BoltonTiler

Thanks i'll do a little research on them. As for the roto zip, looks good but wow are they expensive.

i picked up a roto zip for well decent money from a well known auction site, all the bits brand new, bargain........let your keyboard do the walking:thumbsup:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ive tried a few diff types and so far the best for me has been montolit cutters that fit onto an angle grinder,easy to use and more powerful than drill fixed cutters imo:thumbsup:

K

kaharrison9

Used 365 drills from the start on natural stone,porcelain,ceramic at all differant thickness's and have no reason to change.
If i was to struggle would look elseware
Buy the bathroom pack-very good bargain with TF discount to test.

D

Deleted member 1779

Drill bits, who's the daddy ?

We have just had a good write up in TSJ for this months article
page3.jpg

page1.jpg

Zoomed in on the page

page2.jpg

Published issue: Feburary 2010

T

TT Tiling

got to say it the 365 bits are best value for money ,i have the rotozip as well but only use on very thick tiles saves time

T

thevinnyofoz

Thanks, I have a rotozip but only used it on laminate flooring about 5 years ago. Just been on ebay and seen that it's possible to buy tile cutting drill bits for it, wondering if they are any good ? I'm a little fed up with the wet cutter way of cutting curves out of tiles, sometimes it takes too long and gets frustrating.

Reply to Drill bits, who's the daddy ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks