Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

Gordy78

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi we excitedly choose some porcelain floor tiles for our kitchen and bathroom, but think the tradesman did a poor job of laying. Is there any way of rescuing without starting all over again? It's like walking on a rope bridge the floor is so uneven. So disappointed and feel very hard done by. Is this saveable at all?
Interested in what anyone thinks, maybe some people think it's not too bad?!

IMG_20181007_081133.jpg IMG_20181007_081211.jpg IMG_20181007_081136.jpg

OP
W

Waluigi

How much did they charge you for that lot?

I agree with @hmtiling. All up and get a professional in, do some research into whom you employ, which I’m sure we will be happy to help you with.

OP
G

Gordy78

Charged a lot as they became intimidating and aggressive... and we were desperate to finish. Absolutely gutted and under pressure due to twin babies arriving any week now... Total nightmare : (

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I’am sure price isn’t the issue!
Every job should be undertaken to the highest possible standard no matter how many pennies and this is clearly not the case.
It would seem that yet again the OP has not done their homework on this chancer and accepted that a good job would be done without references etc.
Not the best view of the overall floor but enough to speculate your concerns.

OP
G

Gordy78

Received a glowing reference from a trusted neighbour...but yes, the price isn't the issue and trying to make amends now

OP
W

Waluigi

The price shouldn’t be the issue and I agree that no matter what you paid, it should still be a good finish.

How did this quote compare to the other quotations you got?

OP
G

Gordy78

Wasn't the cheapest and wasn't the most, we went for what was a fair price (we thought). But then the quote went up to due 'unforseen circumstances' - usual stuff.
I've attached a couple more pics - there was a duplicate on my first upload - my mistake. Grateful for your thoughts...

IMG_20181007_191607.jpg IMG_20181007_191619.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looks rough to me. Tiles might be bowed, but no excuse for very poor grouting. Without seeing the whole floor It’s difficult to say weather, or not it can be rescued.
If you end up replacing the lot, or removing the grout. Please replace with a light , or medium grey. As you won’t ever be able to keep ivory, or whatever that Color is clean.

OP
G

Gordy78

How much did they charge you for that lot?

I agree with @hmtiling. All up and get a professional in, do some research into whom you employ, which I’m sure we will be happy to help you with.

Hi Waluigi, do you have any tips as to whom we employ? Had a couple of quotes but they seem very, very expensive (and before anyone comments, I'm not doing this on the cheap, I'm willing to pay fairly
Thanks!

OP
H

hmtiling

You could post the job on here and use the find a tiler feature. Like anything else, you get what you pay for I'm afraid. If the original quote was much cheaper than the rest unfortunately you've found out why.

Reply to Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock