Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Cost is one of those things that can be misunderstood by customers. Customers often try to second guess what their tradesman is making on a job and sometimes think that huge margins are being made. Usually it’s not the case, it’s simply that the tradesman is allowing for the correct amount of time to get things perfect and is using the best materials to get him there.

I don’t know how it works on here but I’d certainly be looking into a companies previous work and seeing how they do things. I’d also ask if they had public liability insurance.

Reaction score
That’s a horrible job. Either rushed with little or no prep or just inexperienced. The grouting is shocking too.

I have lost jobs because my price is higher than another quote to allow for proper prep, tanking etc. There’s always someone who will charge peanuts to throw tiles down. (I’m not saying this is what happened here, just pointing out that sometimes quotes are like comparing apples and oranges).

It’s a rip up and start again job in my opinion, I’m sorry to say ☹️

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
Cost is one of those things that can be misunderstood by customers. Customers often try to second guess what their tradesman is making on a job and sometimes think that huge margins are being made. Usually it’s not the case, it’s simply that the tradesman is allowing for the correct amount of time to get things perfect and is using the best materials to get him there.

I don’t know how it works on here but I’d certainly be looking into a companies previous work and seeing how they do things. I’d also ask if they had public liability insurance.
Couldn't agree more Waluigi. I can't believe how some established tradesmen I come across have not got public liability insurance, utter madness :eek:

OP
M

Matt penno

No way you are going to get that floor anything like decent without biting the bullet and starting again, just a really poor job. Was it actually done by a tiler or a bit of a odd job man. Out of interest what did he charge you per meter if he priced you that way

Reply to Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock