Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help!

Discuss Dreadful tiling job, porcelain floor tiles, help! in the Natural Stone and Thin Porcelain Tiling area at TilersForums.co.uk

Gordy78

Hi we excitedly choose some porcelain floor tiles for our kitchen and bathroom, but think the tradesman did a poor job of laying. Is there any way of rescuing without starting all over again? It's like walking on a rope bridge the floor is so uneven. So disappointed and feel very hard done by. Is this saveable at all?
Interested in what anyone thinks, maybe some people think it's not too bad?!

IMG_20181007_081133.jpg IMG_20181007_081211.jpg IMG_20181007_081136.jpg

hmtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Unfortunately you are right. It's awful and there's no easy fix. All up and someone who knows what they're doing to do it properly

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
How much did they charge you for that lot?

I agree with @hmtiling. All up and get a professional in, do some research into whom you employ, which I’m sure we will be happy to help you with.

OP
G

Gordy78

Charged a lot as they became intimidating and aggressive... and we were desperate to finish. Absolutely gutted and under pressure due to twin babies arriving any week now... Total nightmare : (

timeless john

Staff member
Subscribed Member
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
I’am sure price isn’t the issue!
Every job should be undertaken to the highest possible standard no matter how many pennies and this is clearly not the case.
It would seem that yet again the OP has not done their homework on this chancer and accepted that a good job would be done without references etc.
Not the best view of the overall floor but enough to speculate your concerns.

OP
G

Gordy78

Received a glowing reference from a trusted neighbour...but yes, the price isn't the issue and trying to make amends now

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
The price shouldn’t be the issue and I agree that no matter what you paid, it should still be a good finish.

How did this quote compare to the other quotations you got?

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]