Discuss Dot and dab court case in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Perry

I have been to a court case as a expert witness. And that was against a tiler that was sticking the tiles up with bonding plaster and readymix adhesive. I dont think he would of won without one, a policeman. Not sure if he ever got paid.

D

Donna Borrill

Hello all who helped me. So my telephone appointment with the mediator went well. The tiler has agreed to pay back the money I paid him for his work and pay back the money I spent on the tiles. He is coming back to remove the tiles which he laid incorrectly, get rid of them and leave my floor as he found it. So, 6 months later, I'll be back to square one, no tiles and a bare floor, but not out of pocket. I'm very relieved that I don't have to go to court. Thank you so much again :) Donna

L

LM

Donna that is a huge win for you and maybe you don’t think it is, but truly it is. If the world was fair then you’d have been compensated for your troubles also. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be fair. In this durastiction what you’ve just got is a big plus. I’ve seen worse cases end up resulting worse for the victim .

B

Blunt Tool

Hello all who helped me. So my telephone appointment with the mediator went well. The tiler has agreed to pay back the money I paid him for his work and pay back the money I spent on the tiles. He is coming back to remove the tiles which he laid incorrectly, get rid of them and leave my floor as he found it. So, 6 months later, I'll be back to square one, no tiles and a bare floor, but not out of pocket. I'm very relieved that I don't have to go to court. Thank you so much again :) Donna
Have a look on here at find a tiler, that way you will find a reputable one in your area who will give you the job done right.

M

Mod

Unfortunately ive seen plenty of dot and dab floors. But as someone said im not sure you could sue someone for it. Its a shame but it goes on all the time.

D

Dumbo

Unfortunately ive seen plenty of dot and dab floors. But as someone said im not sure you could sue someone for it. Its a shame but it goes on all the time.
If a job is failing and you can point directly to the problem then I don't see why not . But if you had a dot and Dab floor and it isn't failing I doubt you can

D

Dumbo

Does public liability insurance not cover this?

Thanks
I would imagine not . Insurance companies don't like paying out at best. But I am pretty sure they won't cover somebodies work that is failing if they have used bad practice for taken insufficint care .

K

Kent22

I’m going to try this route, I will let you all know.

Seems pointless having these insurances if that’s the case.

Thanks

D

Dumbo

I’m going to try this route, I will let you all know.

Seems pointless having these insurances if that’s the case.

Thanks
I think you will struggle with any claim against anybody as you have removed the floor .

Reply to Dot and dab court case in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks