Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DOH! damaged shower tray . in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Right I've decided to have a go at this myself . Anglo adhesives do specific repair kits . Now hear is the problem anglo https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ colours are ici 1w colours ie 1w28 and my colour is an iso number so does anybody know what iso 9199 is as an 1w colour .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Years ago after tile in a 3 walled shower tray I removed the thick dust sheet to find a massive 5mm round chip in the tray, my heart stopped beating I could feel it. I swear I didn't do it, I bet it was the electrician who was in over the weekend but I decided just to eat a s|-/it sandwich and call plastic surgeon, they took ÂŁ170 off me straight away on the phone and sent a guy round, he struggled like hell and did the best he could do but you could still see a darker patch, 2 years later it really stands out (regular customer) it was a Mira Flight tray.
Never use them again, feel really hard done by.

Last time I chipped a tray, I polished it out with a power polisher, wet and dry, T cut etc, got rid of the chip but the area still stood out as it was a slight hollow. Cant win.

Now I cut to size a chipboard and wrap it in a dust sheet, and cover the tray, no way am I chipping another.

OP
D

Dumbo

Years ago after tile in a 3 walled shower tray I removed the thick dust sheet to find a massive 5mm round chip in the tray, my heart stopped beating I could feel it. I swear I didn't do it, I bet it was the electrician who was in over the weekend but I decided just to eat a s|-/it sandwich and call plastic surgeon, they took ÂŁ170 off me straight away on the phone and sent a guy round, he struggled like hell and did the best he could do but you could still see a darker patch, 2 years later it really stands out (regular customer) it was a Mira Flight tray.
Never use them again, feel really hard done by.

Last time I chipped a tray, I polished it out with a power polisher, wet and dry, T cut etc, got rid of the chip but the area still stood out as it was a slight hollow. Cant win.

Now I cut to size a chipboard and wrap it in a dust sheet, and cover the tray, no way am I chipping another.
I have polished out a few in the past .

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The truth is, if you can polish it out and even if there is a slight dip, nobody cares, its just my paranoia. Its only when its new and shiny it stands out.

OP
D

Dumbo

Update . Sorry I didn't get back to this .
I got some iso 9199 gel coat . Post and packing cost more than the gel coat and i have enough left to do another 347 trays . But just to say colour match was spot on .
Easy to use and finish . I also now have a colour swatch from Anglo adhesives .

OP
W

Waluigi

Do you have a link to he kit?

Like Bathfix Box, I use a timber sheet wrapped in a dust sheet with no exceptions. On baths I cut the sheet in half so it’s easy to slide one sheet onto the other when tile that section.

OP
D

Dumbo

Do you have a link to he kit?

Like Bathfix Box, I use a timber sheet wrapped in a dust sheet with no exceptions. On baths I cut the sheet in half so it’s easy to slide one sheet onto the other when tile that section.
No I'm an it idiot but just search Anglo adhesives. As for 9199 just search 9199 gel coat and got some place up north like Bolton .

Reply to DOH! damaged shower tray . in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock