Discuss Does this pattern work ? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

schakal

I am just about to finish prepping the concrete floor in my kitchen and start laying the tiles .

The tiles are 20cmx20cm and tiling area is 120cm wide (the kitchen is 175cm wide ) and is a 6 meter long galley . Obviously i can only fit 6 tiles between the left wall and the kitchen units and i wanted to have a retro-ish pattern , something different using the tiles in the photo.
However because the kitchen gets fairly dark ,i did not want to use lots of the patterned tile and more of the ivory colour ones. Didnt like the idea of having cut patterned tiles at the ends of the 4th row either and sort of used a half cut ivory tile as a frame on either side.
So i came up with a plan as in the photo.
Are there any issues with this pattern i have dry laid ?
Any professional input would be much appreciated .

There is a door at the end of the 6meter galley going into the garden by the way . There will be kitchen units on the right hand side.

IMG_2149.JPG

G

GoneGuy

Looks ok, if your happy with the pattern. How will the last row finish by the back door as you are starting a full tile by the passage ?

S

Spare Tool

Just to add if your starting with a full tile at the door your assuming that the geo tiles are perfectly square to the kitchen, might be worth checking, if not a cut tile there would allow you to square it up..

S

schakal

Many thanks for the replies.
Starting with a full tile was actually affecting the pattern further on near the sink area.
After reading messages here i dry laid a full row of tiles to see whats what and discovered i need to start with a cut row for mainly squaring up the geo tiles but also keeping everything symetrical further down the line .

Reply to Does this pattern work ? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks