Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Do you know your vans weight limits? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
A572F5BD-E650-4232-A6B4-6D4CDFCB71C0.jpeg E5752E75-4ADD-4553-8B6B-541E5687F13B.jpeg 7644329C-B6C4-4A7B-AAB2-DE02438B9136.jpeg FE07F840-5D46-4846-A0D1-3C5CD187043F.jpeg I have a 63 plate Vauxhall combo short wheel base, I carry a lot of tools, cutters, stools and materials so I have to be careful and keep an eye on how many bags of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, grout, screed etc I pick up from tile shops. If it’s a big job then I just get the materials delivered with the tiles, but day to day stuff I just pick up myself. I think I am pretty good at judging limit.
Pictures are of a builder who was stopped by police and taken to weigh bridge, 6 tons was recorded and he was reported! Do you know your vans limits?

OP
W

WetSaw

I used to have an Iveco Daily that I drove down to Italy to load with motorbikes, never had a problem with weight. My friend bought a place here in Spain and said I'd drive down with his stuff if he loaded the van. I never thought furniture weighed so much! Got stopped by the port police after I'd checked in for the ferry ( going freight you have to pass the weighbridge ) , 4200kg on a 3500kg van. Luckily the copper let us go just telling us to be careful and don't do it again. Fortunately the van was built like a tank and apart from being a little slower up hill didn't really notice the weight.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

I used to have an Iveco Daily that I drove down to Italy to load with motorbikes, never had a problem with weight. My friend bought a place here in Spain and said I'd drive down with his stuff if he loaded the van. I never thought furniture weighed so much! Got stopped by the port police after I'd checked in for the ferry ( going freight you have to pass the weighbridge ) , 4200kg on a 3500kg van. Luckily the copper let us go just telling us to be careful and don't do it again. Fortunately the van was built like a tank and apart from being a little slower up hill didn't really notice the weight.
Why was you loading motorbikes from Italy? Or is it hush hush Antonio style?

OP
O

One Day

Transit connect LWB T230 - 900kg I think.

I've had 1000kg in there though, plus tools and fuel and me! Still plenty of bounce in the suspension and pull in the engine.

99% of the time it's carrying no more than 400 / 500kg I reckon.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Transit connect LWB T230 - 900kg I think.

I've had 1000kg in there though, plus tools and fuel and me! Still plenty of bounce in the suspension and pull in the engine.

99% of the time it's carrying no more than 400 / 500kg I reckon.
Think sometimes tilers forget to add the weight of racking out a van with plywood

OP
L

LM

Over here we get checked regularly (as if the cops have nothing better to do :oops:)
I have a 310L2 custom. Including my tools I can easily stick a ton in the back up to a gross weight of 3100kgs

Reply to Do you know your vans weight limits? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock