Discuss Do I need to back-butter my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

essexsi

Thanks smurf. Will def be back skimming them!

I will pull a couple off and take a look, I guess I am looking to get as close to 100% coverage as possible.

Is it ok to just put the tile I have pulled off straight back on. Or do I have to scrape off all the adhesive from both wall and tile and do it again?

Cheers Si

S

STINGRAY30

600 x 600 floor tiles. i have a 10mm round notched trowel, would that be good enough??

is back buttering spreading 10mm of coerage on back of tile??

should i do that??

Deane

TF
Reaction score
I always skim the tile if they are bigger than 400 im doing a job at the moment 600 x 600 ceramics.....as usual a bit of a roll on them....using a 10mm trowel....80 metres

U

Unused Account 1

Very rarely get perfect walls ,especially if doing brickbond ,then lots of build up ,

Reply to Do I need to back-butter my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks