Discuss Do I need a decoupling mat? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

BillyBBag

Looking at tiling the whole downstairs of my house, I'll be using

600x600x10 porcelain tile
Adhesive
Screed filled profix UFH trays
Self leveling screed
Epoxy 2 coat DPM

According to profix, you can tile straight onto the top of the trays, the screed only fills them flush with the top.
My question is, does anybody think I need one of these decoupling matts between the trays and the tiles?

S

Spare Tool

Am just on with a couple of wetrooms at the moment, putting ci mat down for my own piece of mind, however the builder has already tiled another two rooms straight onto polypipe boards and the heating has been on and off for months with no cracks or signs of failure, I've fixed porcelain straight on them a few times myself in the past with no problems, but also had an Lcut crack so it really is your decision, if you can afford to take the will it, won't it out of the equation then mat it..

Reply to Do I need a decoupling mat? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks