Discuss Diy Tiling, Facts And Fiction! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion!

My next task has been to come up with some FAQ's for our sales staff to learn and understand when talking to clients. Our guys desperately needed product knowledge. Thankfully, they now have alot of the basics but plenty of room for improvement. Now, if they're asked something they don't know, they know where the answer is. And if they don't, they ask me....... If I don't know, I find it from various sources. But I must say, on the Tilers Forums, I had a rocky start and upset a few people. But i'm sooooo glad I was able to put that behind me after a firm slap on the wrist. I have been looking at old threads and I have already learn't so much. So for that I want to say a big Thanks to all the tilers and non-tilers with the knowledge and know-how, and the moderates for running the most informative forum I have ever used.

***This is you're opportunity to call me a sucky-uppy brown noser***. Anyway.........

I did a survey in the office to see what the top 5 most common questions are from each person, that have been asked by our retail customers. Below is THE top question. Maybe i'm nieve but i didn't expect this. I thought there would be many other questions topping this one.

I hope my proposed answer doesn't disappoint you guys. I'm also hoping I can get it on our website FAQ's when they're up and running. Out of 25, 16 had a question along the lines of:

Q. I enjoy DIY, but I’ve never tiled before, but how hard can it be?

My reply is taken from what I've noticed since being on here.

A. Good tiling comes from a lot of training, years of experience, extensive knowledge, the correct equipment and a very keen attention to detail. It can be very simple to look at a project and tell if it was done by an amateur or a professional. If it was easy, we’d all be professional tilers. If you insist of tackling a project yourself, do a lot of research, take your time, but at the same time, make allowances for if something goes wrong. Tiles are expensive items as would be the additional preparation when it all has to be ripped up or pulled down. Not to mention possible labour costs.
Without the experience, anything can go wrong. Can you afford it if it does? TILING IS NOT EASY. So if in any doubt whatsoever, GET A PRO IN.

O

Old Mod

'Diy Tiling, facts and fiction!'

Is it your intention to expand on this thread Paul?

T

Tile Shop

Others views, wording, but mainly just an observation of what people wrongly think of tiling.

Like the title..... STOLEN!

T

Tile Shop

Could be.... I'm doing a load of faq's so it would be good to have somewhere to put some complicated ones, to get some advise on. not all of them, but ones specific to tiling.

O

Old Mod

.....and yeah a little nieve! :rolleyes:

I would have said, more often than not,
that it would have been a rhetorical question tho! :D

O

Old Mod

Well the thread can be left running so u can collate everything and then edit it heavily and publish it.
Or maybe there's a better idea to be had!
I'm sure it'll be voiced at some point :)

Reply to Diy Tiling, Facts And Fiction! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks