Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DIY floor insulate and fix in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 49260

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys

I have a tiled kitchen floor that needs replacing to address the hollow and hence mega chipped (but yet to crack!) tiles and want to improve the warmth and wondering if my cunning plan below would work?

Remove tile, bulk of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ then ~3mm arditex SLC to tidy/flatten the surface, fastset the 6mm backer boards and tile?

I haven't checked levels yet but I think I have 4-6mm to play with to adjacent rooms so can probably go 4-6mm the other way and look OK
(or <whispers> use LVT).
Existing subfloor is block and beam with a cement screed.

I can get jackoboards from CTD nearby (if they'll sell to me, but if I dressed scruffy I'll be fine won't I ;-) ) Orbry from forum sponsors or many makes from ebay etc.
Anyone reckon if a 6mm board will actually make any difference?

Thanks
Neil

OP
D

Dumbo

Yes , it's s thermal break . But if your house has a block and beam floor it's probably insulated under your screed with celotex anyway so shouldn't make a vast difference

OP
D

Deleted member 49260

Yes , it's s thermal break . But if your house has a block and beam floor it's probably insulated under your screed with celotex anyway so shouldn't make a vast difference
Thanks for quick reply and I supposed any thermal break is good, I don't think celotex had been invented when my floor was built! I think in early 70's (self build and a bit pants in places :( )

Reply to DIY floor insulate and fix in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock