Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DIY Chip free wet saw in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
T

TilingPeter

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Some tiles are almost impossible to cut without the glaze chipping.

I have come to that same conclusion myself :thumbsup:

I have tried an angle grinder blade (a good Rubi one). If you don't mind the dust, don't mind the noise, and can move it in a perfectly straight line then it's almost as good as my wet tile cutter. The finish was pretty poor most of the time (tried it a few different ways) and if you make a small mistake then it can make a pretty big cut into the tile. However, with a lot of care it could be used to gently grind the edge with a bit less chipping than my wet saw, but on the whole, it's not really much use.

I'm doing my tiles differently. My awkward cuts were caused mostly by my shaver socket but I've realised that it's not much work to move it by a few mm. All of the visible edges will now either have the factory finish or be done by a scribe and snap cutter. The whole job should be a lot easier now :)

OP
O

Old Mod

Hold a wet sponge in your left hand whilst using a grinder and hold it against back of blade, cuts will improve substantially.
Wet not damp.
Put your shaversocket in bathroom cabinet. :D

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I too have just been struggling with a DIY kitchen floor project and also 600 x 300 porcelain tiles so I feel your pain. I am starting my own thread as I do not want to hijack yours.
But what I would say about the last part coming off is that I go so slow from about an inch back that you can hardly see the tile moving and that stops the last edge snapping off the corner

Last edited:

Reply to DIY Chip free wet saw in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock