Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss ditra ufh in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

can anyone give me some advice as i am a bit confused by other comments on various forums, I am tile my bathroom 4m2 which normal ceramic tiles with UFH i had to replace the existing floor as it was cracking possibly with movement, the floor is green boards as the house is about 2o years old. Now i want to lay Ditra matting and UFH with flexible adhivsive , Would it be possible to lay Ditra matting directly on the floor boards with UFH then tiles? i have a height problem and i want to keep this to a minimum. Also what the correct steps to lay UFH and Ditra do i lay UFH first then ditra or vise versa ? any comments will be most welcome. thank you.

OP
K

KeithD

Hi Tony, the floor boards are standard T&G nailed down, the floor is very solid so i do not want to overboard it if there is no need to, i understand Ditra compensates for over boarding,

Thank you

OP
M

mattle40

No ditra is used for areas where there is a lot of lateral movement, and wet areas, I.e tongue and groove in a bathroom but only if the substrate is deflection free I.e solid joists and boards SCREWED down solid.
If you haven't got this then over boarding is required and hardi backer is generally the system of choice

Reply to ditra ufh in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock