Discuss Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

I find with Anhyfix you need to let it slake & add a bit more water when you remix it.
It's a great adhesive to use.

W

WetSaw

Every day is a school day!!

Screenshot_2016-05-29-00-27-50.png

O

One Day

I am using Anhyfix to fit 300sqm of Ditra onto anhydrite screed.
I found it to be brilliant - stickiest powder adhesive I've ever used.
Schluter said NO to using it as they've not tested it in the labs but I know it's a winner.

S

Stef

I've never used it to fit Ditra but I've done a few m2 of tiling with it & it sticks like the proverbial.
I've a few bags left in the garage & need to use them up before they go out of date,

F430

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that the Anhyfix does stick like s**t to a blanket but not to the fleece on the back of the ditra!

I take it not many who have used it for Ditra have tired to see what it sticks like IE a peel test ??

I took a video this morning of a corner under where the log burring is going and i peels of like duct tape would do, you can see by the photo that the mat has left an imprint in the adhesive but it has not adhered very well to the fleece.

I

Italy

I find with Anhyfix you need to let it slake & add a bit more water when you remix it.
It's a great adhesive to use.
add a bit more water when you remix?
add water. during remixing. (second mixing. after 5/10 minutes)
did I get it right?

S

Stef

add a bit more water when you remix?
add water. during remixing. (second mixing. after 5/10 minutes)
did I get it right?
As with any modified adhesive you should be mixing it twice to let the polymers break down.
1st mix, let it stand (slake) then remix.
Anhyfix wants more water at this stage than any other adhesive I have used.

S

Stef

Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that the Anhyfix does stick like s**t to a blanket but not to the fleece on the back of the ditra!

I take it not many who have used it for Ditra have tired to see what it sticks like IE a peel test ??

I took a video this morning of a corner under where the log burring is going and i peels of like duct tape would do, you can see by the photo that the mat has left an imprint in the adhesive but it has not adhered very well to the fleece.

I would be concerned about that tbh.

I

Italy

As with any modified adhesive you should be mixing it twice to let the polymers break down.
1st mix, let it stand (slake) then remix.
Anhyfix wants more water at this stage than any other adhesive I have used.
Yes. I know. (I studied much) lol.
but you said. add water. while Remixe.
this operation. add the final water. not prove to be possible. (Incompatibility). it's possible . if after water. add even. adhesive powdered.
sorry intrusion. but that's what. They explained to me. in the first courses.
ps. mapei courses. (Maybe wrong) lol

S

Stef

Yes. I know. (I studied much) lol.
but you said. add water. while Remixe.
this operation. add the final water. not prove to be possible. (Incompatibility). it's possible . if after water. add even. adhesive powdered.
sorry intrusion. but that's what. They explained to me. in the first courses.
ps. mapei courses. (Maybe wrong) lol
You add water at the second mix after you let it stand for a few minutes.

O

One Day

Mine takes some effort to get up but it will come up. There's enough grab it doesn't worry me. Other adhesives do just the same. Remember, it's supposed to be a weakish bond.

J

J Sid

Mine takes some effort to get up but it will come up. There's enough grab it doesn't worry me. Other adhesives do just the same. Remember, it's supposed to be a weakish bond.
why is it supposed to be a weakish bond?

O

One Day

why is it supposed to be a weakish bond?
So that the fleece can stretch and tear - first defence before the dovetails and plastic start to stretch. I was told that's the reason for using a very thin bed. We've all heard stories of ditra being fixed with all kinds of weird stuff, even upside down. If it's stuck to the floor and the tiles are well anchored into the holes, it's going to work fine.

Reply to Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks