Discuss Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F430

TF
Reaction score
Hi there, after some general advice here.

Just laid the the first time some ditra matting onto a anhydrite floor using TileMaster Anhyfix.

Did all the prep IE sand floor vacuum prime etc, all went well or so i think ??

So question how well should the Ditra stick to the Anhyfix ??

The reason why i ask is i have tried in a test area and to my surprise the Ditra comes up quite easy like it has not bonded at all to the adhesive.

The adhesive has stuck very well to the floor but not the Ditra mat?

I know it is an uncoupling membrane but surely it should stick to the adhesive ??

Getting a bit worried now, can anyone offer some advice ?

S

Spud

how loose did you mix it up and did you use a roller or block of wood to rub it in to the adhesive ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Just done exactly the same prep and didn't have an issue. Found the adhesive to be really good.
Have to admit though I didn't even try to pull any up!

F430

TF
Reaction score
how loose did you mix it up and did you use a roller or block of wood to rub it in to the adhesive ?

I mixed it as per the instructions, was a good mix Ie not thick and not runny I used a grout float to push the mat into the adhesive, i pushed really hard and went over it 3 times in different directions and i ain't a light chap ! The floor is very flat and it all seemed to go on very well, I did pull a few parts up when laying to make sure i was getting full coverage.

My concern is over how long the supplier had the Anyfix for as the bags do look like they have been in the warehouse a while.

T

Time's Ran Out

not used Anhyfix, does it skin over quickly?

It's really good and it won't skin over within a couple of minutes it takes to lay the Ditra.
It's a very creamy adhesive but went off quite quick and hard.
Seemed like a good combination to me.

L

LM

I can't understand why Schlutter won't recommend an adhesive for sticking down Ditra to a dry screed like they do with af200 on ply. I've fitted thousands of metres of stuck down carpets direct to screeds and believe me when I tell you they stick like sh*t, you try pulling up a needle punch carpet that's been stuck down, you have to cut it into 4-6 inch strips, use a clamp and pull with all you've got to get it up, so I can't get why you can't stick Ditra to a screed with an acrylic adhesive :mad:

J

J Sid

wp_ss_20160528_0001.png
I can't understand why Schlutter won't recommend an adhesive for sticking down Ditra to a dry screed like they do with af200 on ply. I've fitted thousands of metres of stuck down carpets direct to screeds and believe me when I tell you they stick like sh*t, you try pulling up a needle punch carpet that's been stuck down, you have to cut it into 4-6 inch strips, use a clamp and pull with all you've got to get it up, so I can't get why you can't stick Ditra to a screed with an acrylic adhesive :mad:
you can use AF200 on screed to stick Ditra

L

LM

I asked Schluter about this on the phone and they told me categorically no, hence my post
By no means I'm I claiming to be an expert about it, I'd just like a definitive answer from Schluter, in my opinion there's no comparison with the 'grab' of acrylic vs cemitisious on fleece like materials

Reply to Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks