Discuss DeWalt Sds drill - any good? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tommcd

image.jpeg
Hi all,

I'm looking for an SDS drill for removing floor tiles and came across this. Looks good value, just wondering if it will be beefy enough for the job. It has an impact energy of 1.8J. I know there are much bigger drills for the same (Titan etc) but also thinking about my weedy arms.

Any other recommendations for cheapish Sds drills appreciated.

Cheers

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I had the dealt for years still it was stolen. Great tool put up with lots and lots of abuse. I also have a big titan but don't get on with it vents air out the front causing unnecessary dust.

R

Rookery

That looks like a decent tool for not too much money. I'm a Makita user myself but I'd buy one of these if I couldn't get a Makita. Just make sure its got rotary stop.

F

Flintstone

Screwfix usually have decent deals on Bosch sds plus. I have a lot of faith in Bosch drills.

L

LM

View attachment 95283 Hi all,

I'm looking for an SDS drill for removing floor tiles and came across this. Looks good value, just wondering if it will be beefy enough for the job. It has an impact energy of 1.8J. I know there are much bigger drills for the same (Titan etc) but also thinking about my weedy arms.

Any other recommendations for cheapish Sds drills appreciated.

Cheers
Personally I think it’s the wrong type of tool to scrimp on. It’s going to be doing one of the toughest and heaviest tasks that any of your tools will be doing, so in that regard I’d spend more money on a good make like Hilti which will do the job better and because they do it better there’s less wear and tear on you. It will last you 15-20 years if you look after it and repairs are comparatively cheap. Tools in the above bracket won’t last much longer than 3-4 years if your lucky and won’t be worth fixing.
It will cost a lot more now but it’ll be way cheaper in the long run. You should consider getting yourself one of these, there are some good deals direct with Hilti from time to time. I’m on my second after 20+ years at this game.
TE 7-C - Rotary Hammers - Hilti United Kingdom - https://www.hilti.co.uk/drilling-and-demolition/rotary-hammers/r3509

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got a titan sds drill...
Paid 40 quid for it, I've had it over 10 years and ripped up 100's of floors with.
In fact I'm on my 3rd set of chisel blades!!

F

Flintstone

I chopped up an old concrete slab the other month with mine, think it was a bit much for an sds. I think lifting tiles is there limit really 3C9CD924-2257-41B1-8DCE-338475EA3D35.jpeg

Reply to DeWalt Sds drill - any good? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks