Discuss DeWalt D24000 Tile Cutter - Oh what a beauty! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
AND not a single drop of water under it when I packed up tonight.......

So the word IMPRESSED comes to mind...

I had a lovely warm feeling all day when I was using it - it was going through the porcelain like they weren't there and that was just with the standard blade....God only knows what a difference that DNA one you've got makes!!

When I got in the customer had rang my wife to tell her what a great job me and my new machine were making....LOL

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

I probs think there is little difference between the 2 Kev..

I haven't actually used my Dewalt blade yet but all i have spoken to say the Dewalt blade is great also.. so maybe i will swop over and see the difference.

So i am pleased you like it.. coz it is an expensive tool to not like..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

So glad you like it Kev, I'm still in honeymoon mode with mine. A real beasty.

Reaction score
So glad you like it Kev, I'm still in honeymoon mode with mine. A real beasty.

Cheers Phil,

It's without doubt the best wet saw I've ever had/used:thumbsup:

It's so powerful and smooth at the same time and the 45degree attachment is effortless to use and great that you can just flip it out of the way if you need to do a straight cut:thumbsup:

Not a single drop of water underneath when I packed up tonight:hurray:

Expensive, I know, but i just know that it will pay for itself in no time (at least thats what I've persuaded my accountant wife:lol:)

S

SandyFloor

I got my D24000 yesterday from Tradetiler and I know how you feel.

I had a Vitrex 900 bridge saw and hated it. The workpiece kept slipping....the blade frequently jammed.... water on walls, ceiling, floor and me ...heavy,cumbersome, nearly lost my fingers a couple of times folding the legs.

Anyway a big yellow box was delivered to my site and about half an hour bolted all the bits together and into action. Started cutting 22mm sandstone usually 600mm cuts...so easy to position the material on the non slip sliding table...so easy to line up the blade....and then the really easy bit...cutting....really smooth and accurate and powerful. There's just a slight mist off the blade and the trays catch all the run off water even on the big slabs....brilliant piece of design.

At the end of the day I moved it to another room ( big job 400 sq. mtrs). It took about 2 minutes to dismantle and not much more to move it and set up again.

I wouldn't say I'm sexually aroused by it....but it's close....perhaps I need to work less hours.

Regards,

Sandy
www.ascotflooringuk.com

C

CJR

Hi Guys

Looking at possibly investing in one of these. Can you give me an idea of what they are like to handle from job to job?

We do private work only and as such not very often we do the big jobs (ie: 30+ Mtr) so would spend a lot of time going in and out the van, which is a vauxhall combo so not the biggest

cheers

Chris

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking at possibly investing in one of these. Can you give me an idea of what they are like to handle from job to job?

We do private work only and as such not very often we do the big jobs (ie: 30+ Mtr) so would spend a lot of time going in and out the van, which is a vauxhall combo so not the biggest

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

They are not the smallest machine on the market but for the size it is it is comparatively easy to transport between jobs:thumbsup:

It breaks down into three transportable items really - the saw itself, the water tray which houses the two detachable catch trays and the leg stand. So you don't have to panic about lifting the whole machine that you see in the pictures:smilewinkgrin:

And in all honesty the benefits of having one of these beauties completely outweigh any apprehensions you have about the transporting of it:thumbsup:

If you are in the market for a wet saw and this falls in your budget, do not hesitate:drool5:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Chris,

They are not the smallest machine on the market but for the size it is it is comparatively easy to transport between jobs:thumbsup:

It breaks down into three transportable items really - the saw itself, the water tray which houses the two detachable catch trays and the leg stand. So you don't have to panic about lifting the whole machine that you see in the pictures:smilewinkgrin:

And in all honesty the benefits of having one of these beauties completely outweigh any apprehensions you have about the transporting of it:thumbsup:

If you are in the market for a wet saw and this falls in your budget, do not hesitate:drool5:

Couldn't agree more with Kev. I can't fault it ,deffo the best bit of kit I've ever bought, go for it mate you will not regret it.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SandyFloor

I moved mine to another part of the site yesterday. Took about 10 mins to drain the tray, disassemble move and reassemble. Took longer to find another powerpoint.

B

boringdon prop

hello merlecollins first time on site and i am looking for some sound advice looks an awesome bit of kit and i am looking at getting one, what is your opinion now you have had it for a while? how does it handle tiles over 600mm is it just a case of flipping tile over and cutting back to the original cut? many thanks boringdon prop

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ok merle,don't get it dirty.
Post it over to me and i'll get it dirty for you:smilewinkgrin:
sweet lookin machine.
I'm still rolling over one in my head.

If your ever in the area Joe, You are welcome to try out mine

And enjoy yours Merle, You won't regret it

edit: Duh, 4 month old thread

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gooner,

its a bigger bit of kit than it appears in the photos but can be transported in the back half of my connect lwb.
fairly heavy to carry on your own but can be done.
cutts well even with standard blade.
a 610mm tile (ie stone) will not drop straight on to the bed and has to be let under the blade then set against the back stop, this gets a bit annoying after a time
all in all it is a good cutter for the price, but it is just a cutter.
i have seen top class stone work produced using a vitrex, angle grinder and a clipper.
the motor is a serial motor not induction so its very noisy aswell
unless i am doing stone work i always say its a bad day if i have to get the wet cutter out.

spanish

Reply to DeWalt D24000 Tile Cutter - Oh what a beauty! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks