Discuss Dewalt 24000 cutter not cutting straiggt in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Ollie02948

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone can help. Recently done a blade change on my wet cutter and now half way through the cut it goes of by about 3mm. Starts of fine then seems to go off. I had a dna blade in before and recently changed to a rubi. Has anyone had a issue like this before?

Cheers
Ollie.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my Rubi cutter many years ago
I was using the wrong type of blade for what I was cutting.

Q

Qwerty

Have you placed a tile on the sliding bed with the tile edge just touching the blade with the blade locked in the fully down position. Slide the bed fully forward so the tile edge skims past the blade. This will allow you to see if the bed shifts on the rails toward the far reach of its full slide. If it doesn't stray, then it's the blade! I have always found the purpose made DeWalt blades are best.

O

Ollie02948

Have you placed a tile on the sliding bed with the tile edge just touching the blade with the blade locked in the fully down position. Slide the bed fully forward so the tile edge skims past the blade. This will allow you to see if the bed shifts on the rails toward the far reach of its full slide. If it doesn't stray, then it's the blade! I have always found the purpose made DeWalt blades are best.
Yes I.ve tried that and the blade seems to move , like it’s not strong enough for the machine. Think I will be changing back to a dna. Had one on for 3 years and never had any trouble.

O

On one

If you have just changed the blade........is the blade seated right and secured tight. The blade in my D24000 has been known to slip after a blade change.

Reply to Dewalt 24000 cutter not cutting straiggt in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks