Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H

hmtiling

Please checkout the following advertisement.
If vapour management isn't required then tilemasters mat is excellent imo. I've not used another mat which gives me as much faith in performance.

O

Old Mod

Ditra mat. What do people think ? Its been around a long time. Some of you were not even tile
when it came out. Is it better than the rest? Is it a good price? Is it any good ?I have put this on the other page

Why the question Simon?

O

One Day

I visited dural recently and they were brilliant. Acknowledged the issues early on but looking at the stuff now, as well as the quality of their bespoke manufacturing and service, I am starting to use them a lot more.

Q

Qwerty

I wasn’t trying to be clever Geoff, it was a serious question.
How would you define a failure with Ditra?

Substrate lateral movement transferring through the ditra and causing tiles to crack, build up of vapour below the ditra. Basically anything that is the opposite of what ditra is capable of achieving.

but is that down to fixer error or the mat?

I suspect no tiler will admit they didn't follow instructions.

Then its down to the mat

O

Old Mod

Substrate lateral movement transferring through the ditra and causing tiles to crack, build up of vapour below the ditra. Basically anything that is the opposite of what ditra is capable of achieving.

Then its down to the mat

But that’s where I’m going with my question.
Unless the mat physically breaks down, how do you prove it’s the mat?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve lifted tiles off ditra/Dural and imo they come up too easy off the plastic (fully bedded and back buttered and licked by the customers cat)
Try lifting one off tm, it’s stuck right good, and imo it needs to be stuck right good and not like it is to the plastic.
Tm is the dogs danglies

Reply to Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock