Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Simon Dale

Simon Dale Professional Tiler

Ditra mat. What do people think ? Its been around a long time. Some of you were not even tiling
    when it came out. Is it better than the rest? Is it a good price? Is it any good ?I have put this on the other page

2. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

I like the color better then other makes

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I’ve used the Ditra heat package a couple of times now, think it’s the best package out there imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

I have total confidence in Ditra. Not so much with others that I know have had problems in the past.
    I have seen test videos which show just how much "give" there is in Ditra, and yet the tile/stone remains locked into the dovetails.
    So for me, it's always the best option.
    It's much more than a crack-mat, and I am yet to be convinced that unbonded mats (like BAL's new/old offering) are the best solution.

• Like Like x 4
  5. pdc

pdc Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

I've fitted Ditra heat a few times and it's good and easy. Don't try lifting it the day after you've laid it and think "it's not stuck!" , leave it to set properly and it's fine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

I have used ditra in the past . I like it but it's expensive . I use dural ci matting purchased direct from dural , you don't need to spend thousands with them to open an account . They also do the heat carrier mat on its own so you can use whatever cable you like .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Waluigi

Waluigi Top Contributor

German gear is usually the industry standard.

8. Simon Dale

Simon Dale Professional Tiler

I called them once opened an account and the price was really good

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jcrtiling

I like the fact I can choose what ufh I use with their heat carrier mat

10. jcrtiling

@callatiler@callatiler I am i missing something or am I funnier than I realise

11. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Big thumbs

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Like their emissions unit.........

13. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I have to say its nearly always my decoupling membrane of choice. I have yet to see or hear of a failure where @Schlüter-Systems Ltd@Schlüter-Systems Ltd ditra has been fitted correctly

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

I think that will be the case for them all - only time i have heard of failures in other products is when the Dural mat was manufactured wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Search the forum, other groups and the internet and you will find other membranes have far more user issues/ gripes than Schluter. It out performs the competition with ease. I begrudgingly use a thin membrane if height is an issue.