Discuss Damp wall going to be tiled in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

John32145

hi guy gonna keep it short have bit of mold on bathroom wall coming from a cupboard in the stair to the flats, I was gonna start tiling next week but unsure now, I had a builder in he seen I had a tanking kit and said paint wall with that mold won’t come through, I’m unsure tbh just want second opinion?

Thanks in advance any advice appreciated.

088771DF-130F-498A-B97A-585F421D407E.jpeg

Q

Qwerty

Eliminate all possible avenues of cause of mould first, but as said, likely to be just condensation

J

John32145

thanks for opinions guys, had rising damp on outside walls, been treated with injections might need to get damp guy back

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sort the mound before you do anything. Tanking will not stick to a damp surface. It may appear to do so.......but it will only be like a sheet of wallpaper.......and peel off.

J

John32145

When got rest of damp done was told wasn’t damp enough to need treated, iv since removed wallpaper and it just seemed to be on top of the paper...... thinking condensation il leave it a while see what happens. Cheers for comments

D

Dumbo

When got rest of damp done was told wasn’t damp enough to need treated, iv since removed wallpaper and it just seemed to be on top of the paper...... thinking condensation il leave it a while see what happens. Cheers for comments
Is this an internal wall

Reply to Damp wall going to be tiled in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks