Discuss Damaged electric under floor heating cable in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have managed to damage the cable on my kitchen floor while making a few modifications to the floor.
Does anyone know a repair company in the west surrey area. GU24 post code.

Many thanks

O

Old Mod

If it's warm up, they've a 24hr hot line and a repair service. Don't know if they repair other makes tho.
You can buy a tester in napkins for £30 that claims to be able to find a break in a cable, don't know if it's suitable or if it'll work. But it might be worth investigating.
Quite a few UFH company's sell repair kits now.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It's not warm up it has been down 6 years.
Having a new kitchen and the floor was not tiled under the old units. The floor is a modular travatine so I was removing the cuts and I have nicked a cable.
I will have a look for a repair kit.

O

Old Mod

The kits are available, then if you know a competent sparky he should have the tools to do it. It's the shrinkwrap that's the important bit. Don't use tape for heaven sake, it will not last.
But it can be repaired.

O

Old Mod

E66D4F6F-3F16-4DA8-8C32-C50BED10E626.JPG

Reply to Damaged electric under floor heating cable in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks