Discuss Cutting tile trim into internal corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So, I’m in the process of re-fitting our kitchen. Everything is going swimmingly and I’m quickly approaching tiling along the worktops.. I don’t mind tiling but absolutely dread cutting tile trim. I’ve seen pre formed corners online for turns to take the the tiles up the wall at cooker area and sink etc which I am considering, but cant see anything that will help when I come to the one single internal corner that we have. Are there any tricks to cutting trim into an internal corner? Or does anyone know of anything pre-formed? I know it’s cheating but mitre cutting tile trim is my absolute arch enemy... thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance
Dougie

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can buy internal corners from trim traders.

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys... I’ve tried mitre-ing the joints and I always end up faffing with a file trying to tidy them up and end up with a gap somewhere... are the trim traders online? I’m wondering if it’d be best getting everything from them then, trim and corners.. ?

Reaction score
Thanks very much Adey... we are doing the kitchen up with a view of selling the house in the next 12/18 months so we don’t want to spend mega bucks on trims and things but on the flip side want a finish that looks decent when it comes to people viewing. I’m trying to do as much as I can myself to keep costs down. I’ll have a look at the websites now.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You would be best buying trim and corners that match.

Reaction score
Brill...I’ll get it all from the same place then. Any supplies you could recommend as well as the 2 above would be much appreciated!

O

On one

I used some Schlüter brushed metal box trims on a bathroom a few years ago.
Some of the external corners were rather exposed, and not wanting to risk a sharp edge injuring someone I used plug in external edges.......just seemed logical to use the internal plug in's as well.
The Schlüter corners looked well suited and a good fit.(Not all brands are)

D

Dumbo

I used some Schlüter brushed metal box trims on a bathroom a few years ago.
Some of the external corners were rather exposed, and not wanting to risk a sharp edge injuring someone I used plug in external edges.......just seemed logical to use the internal plug in's as well.
The Schlüter corners looked well suited and a good fit.(Not all brands are)
Actually contrary to my earlier post I have used box trim ext corners .

Reply to Cutting tile trim into internal corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks