Discuss Cutting Porcelanosa Oxo Deco Blanco in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Russ

What's the best method of cutting these tiles?

PORCELANOSA Grupo - Mosaics And Decorations - Oxo Deco Blanco Pv 31,6x90 - http://www.porcelanosa.com/finder/Mosaics_And_Decorations_13/Oxo_Deco_Blanco_Pv_31,6x90.html

100105134.jpg

They are going on a feature wall in the bathroom, I have a cheapo wet cutter but given their length I was looking to borrow/rent/buy a dry cutter (sigma) to help me get nice clean straight cuts. I'm not sure it will work though given the relief pattern though. Any advice?

Russ.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your main field tiles are a flat tile make sure you fix those first and the feature tile up to them. If you do it the other way round you wail have gaps all over the place, unless you can scribe the tile in!!!

Practice siliconing on offcuts as well prior to the actual finished job. I used masking tape on the pic below as the Fugi finishing tools are no good on this type of tile

IMG_0642-3.jpg

R

Russ

Thanks for the advise, the other tiles are marmi china, so the same size in a flat matt.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've done loads of Oxo Deco and always dry cut with a Sigma. As John says, just do the Marmi first then the deco. Grout & silicon will sort the rest out.

Reply to Cutting Porcelanosa Oxo Deco Blanco in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks