Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss cutting 200 x 100mm bevelled tiles in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi All, I have just started tile a kitchen with the bevelled 200 x 100mm tiles. I have no real issues laying the tiles, however cutting the tiles to fit around and between switches and sockets is proving a pain in the rear.
Does anyone have any tips on cutting the fine strips of tile, my wet tile cutter is an old one, would this make much of a difference ?

L

LM

hi All, I have just started tile a kitchen with the bevelled 200 x 100mm tiles. I have no real issues laying the tiles, however cutting the tiles to fit around and between switches and sockets is proving a pain in the rear.
Does anyone have any tips on cutting the fine strips of tile, my wet tile cutter is an old one, would this make much of a difference ?
What exactly is your problem, are you struggling with the thin part of the tile you want to keep breaking off or is it something else?

OP
G
Reaction score
What exactly is your problem, are you struggling with the thin part of the tile you want to keep breaking off or is it something else?
Hi Lee, thanks for coming back to me, yes it is the long thin strips. Reading some replies suggest a better blade and wet cutter, which I think I need to go that way.
Once the tile is cut to go around the switch there is not a lot of tile left

OP
G
Reaction score
Are tile behind the sockets .??
yes behind the sockets, I have noticed they are a slightly thinner tile than the equivalent tile at B & Q, Tile Mountain, Topps etc. They are 6.9mm, however placing the tile cutter on the lawn (softer surface works better)
thanks, job nearly finished

Reply to cutting 200 x 100mm bevelled tiles in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock