Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Custom made tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Folks
I am after some advice.
Customer wants wetroom in old cupboard. 1st floor chipboard across the joist, solid with no movement. Size of the room is 1900x1750.
Does anyone know who makes custom made shower trays? Spoke to schluter - doesnt do custom sizes. Wedi is asking for £1500.
Customer doesnt mind a step between rooms so height is not a issue.
Whats the best way to get around this?
Thanks

D

Dumbo

What size tray do you want and I don't mean "it's not available so that's why I'm asking this question" what size do you want then we can go from there .

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Abucus direct, from near Harrogate. Will make any size and thickness.
Had one done 2.4m x 1.2. They do the sauna seats and insulation board waterproof inserts to make recesses.

C

Colour Republic

Radium it seems you want a wet room former tray to cover the whole dimensions of the room. That does seem a little odd, you're essentially turning the whole cupboard in to a massive shower enclosure. Are they planning on having 2-3 people showering in this large cupboard at the same time?

Just seems a little odd not to have any dry zones in the room, but guessing there is a reason for that? Or are they trying to play it that safe that no matter what the water will always drain away no matter where it's fired?

O

One Day

Abucus direct, from near Harrogate. Will make any size and thickness.
Had one done 2.4m x 1.2. They do the sauna seats and insulation board waterproof inserts to make recesses.
Seem very expensive. Do they offer a real trade discount?

OP
R

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Radium it seems you want a wet room former tray to cover the whole dimensions of the room. That does seem a little odd, you're essentially turning the whole cupboard in to a massive shower enclosure. Are they planning on having 2-3 people showering in this large cupboard at the same time?

Just seems a little odd not to have any dry zones in the room, but guessing there is a reason for that? Or are they trying to play it that safe that no matter what the water will always drain away no matter where it's fired?

Yeah, it is a bit odd. Whole cupboard is one big shower enclosure. That is what they want....
Dont think it will be used much as they got more bathrooms thorough house.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Where is Hampshire tile warehouse?

Just looked, I've senlen the tile source places never been on one, looks alright tho

Reply to Custom made tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock