Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Critique this Tiling Job in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

Hello, I'm not a tiler, I'm a customer. Just had a job done, a little bit to finish off tomorrow. In general an ok quality except I cannot stand the corners and it is poor/scabby around the window. Is this acceptable, yes or no, what if anything could/should be done to improve.

Is there a trim that could go in corners or around the window.

Not happy.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
    TT

20190415_184434.jpg 20190415_184441.jpg 20190415_184454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
  2. Boggs

Boggs Professional Tiler

Sorry but it seems it has been poorly set out, and poorly executed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Poor set out I agree. Not sure what you mean about the edges and window ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

I can tell that, but what constructive can be done to rectify.

5. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

If you zoom in on the window picture you can see the tiles are badly cut, rough.

6. Wayne Brown

Wayne Brown Kop Professional Tiler

Think theres chipping in the tiles near the window trim bud and agreed set out is pony . kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cranbrook

Cranbrook Professional Tiler

Set out could have been perhaps improved but not the end of the world.. your pictures don't really show much

8. Cranbrook

Ah yeah I see the chipping now after zooming in.. I reckon that could be sorted with some clever mastic application

9. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

The plumber said that the tiler should have offset the center line and have a small tile at each side or one side. You know what tiling is a very special skill.

10. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Easiest bodge is to simply rake out the grout on the slithers and next to the trim on the window and re-grout with a colour best matching the tile.
    That would disguise the chips a little and take your eye away from the slithers.
    Stupid mistake on the set out and poor quality cutting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

I did say that to the plumber, it is a bodge though. Grey grout and white tiles, leaves nowhere to hide. How would you approach rectifying the two corners?

12. Cranbrook

There should begin silicone in the corner, whereas it looks like it's grout at present. Them thin slithers don't really align either which is obviously not great

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

The trim against the window, firstly why is it there?
    Secondly, how far below the window does it go?
    Difficult to assess possible solution with such a close up image I’m afraid.

14. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

Its grey silicon in the corners and the slithers don't line up.

15. Taffytimps

Taffytimps Active Member

does that help?

20190404_181529.jpg