Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Crazing of ceramic tiles? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

K

keith1960

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi. I’m just done a job using metro white wall tiles from bathstore. Had a issue with the cutting of the tiles and chipping. Complained to bathstore and got some free replacements. Had to remove a lot of tiles and re trim. Just grouting the new tiles in and on some of the original tiles you can see hairline crazing in the glaze. Wasn’t there before but it won’t clean off with residue remover or polish.
Used powdered https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ slow set and mapie black grout the wall in question was dot and dabbed plasterboard the whole wall and the tiles are in the window , not on shower area. Any ideas please

B813975E-0FED-4AE1-B352-61D733B755D0.jpeg 50742F47-E01D-4D80-B133-0F1CBA918705.jpeg 0BC101F3-C74C-41EF-B130-39BD982A425E.jpeg

OP
O

One Day

Sorry for the disappointment, but this perfectly highlights why I (and probably everyone else on here) won't use black grout with glazed ceramics like metros.
The black dye has found every nook and cranny in the glaze and they're now stuck that way.
You could have used a quality sealer BEFORE grouting, but even then it's risky.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I class a Metro tile as having a chamfered edge and brick shape.
What I see is a brick shaped tile that has a crackle glaze.
All tiles suggest a trial before using black grout and your result highlights one issue!

Reply to Crazing of ceramic tiles? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock