Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cramer fugi kit for silicone work in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I purchased this kit lately as to stop me using finger and have used it a couple of times, first time I used a fine mist spray bottle with soapy water, second time I used kit dry and just used builders wipes to clean tool often. Must say I think silicone took a very good hold onto both sides of wall and wall and floor transition and left tile clean without the use of spray even round tray. Perhaps someone with more experience can tell me the pros and cons of the use or not of spray with these kits, ie using dry am I limiting the life and profile of tool or leaving a unseen residue on tiles? 2B6F1FBD-F3C9-42ED-8876-06D4FCAD7B78.jpeg

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

image.jpg
I picked these 2mm packers/spacers up on site yesterday and did a couple of my bathrooms with a bit of fine spray from Fairy. Have to say they left my fingers so soft and gentle it was a pleasure to use them.

OP
Q

Qwerty

I have used the Fugi kit for years now. I will tool the joint dry initially which 90% of the time works perfectly. If due to the tile material or uneven surface the joint requires a bit more work, then I will use fairy liquid.

OP
Q

Qwerty

For me that works anyway. My way takes longer, but it saves all the grout joints soaking up fairy liquid. See how you go with it mate. When I want speed I will squirt! ;)

OP
F

Flintstone

I’ve played with these tools and tried all ways, and I keep going back to the spray. Using it dry can leave a film, very thin and often pretty much invisible, which only shows up once it’s got a bit of dirt on it. I think spray helps this as it can’t stick, but the down side is you have to apply the silicone very well to be sure the soapy water isn’t going behind the silicone and stopping it sticking, even tho it looks perfect. Cut the nozzle bigger than you would usually and tool short sections at a time.

OP
G

GoneGuy

Ive been using the Karl dahm profile tools and I always use fine mist spray, as said cut nozzle bigger than normal and be prepared to use a little more silicone than normal.
Using a good quality silicone also helps

OP
D

Dumbo

As above good quality silicone important.
Couldnt get a decent finish on my recess ceramic hob in my granite with the silicone the stone guys gave me . Eventually gave up got some low mod dow corning and voila job done easy .

Reply to Cramer fugi kit for silicone work in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock