Discuss Cracks in screed, how to repair? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

clipboard2008

Hi

I’ve just removed a stone floor for a client. I didn’t tile it originally.
The stone tiles had 3 sizeable cracks in it and the floor has a wet ufh system. We couldn’t work out why the tiles had cracked apart from guessing that it was due to cracks in the screed below and not using a decoupling membrane.

We removed the tiles today and found out that no decoupling membrane was used and there are more cracks in the floor than in the areas where it had cracked the tiles. These cracks have almost created a grid type pattern in the floor. The 2x smallest squares are approx 1.5m2 the whole floor is approx 25m2
By the patio doors a small area has broken away and when you stand on it you can feel it flex on the celotex below

The screed is only 45mm thick!

Can I continue with the ditra mat over these cracks and be sure that I will have no more issues?

Or do I use a different process?

TIA

Reply to Cracks in screed, how to repair? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks