Discuss could someone recommend an alternative in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DAX

Hello I am doing a wet-room project and
have been using ultra tile pro-rapid rs adhesive.
But I find it sets way to quick for me.
I am not a pro tiler. and is actually costing time cleaning
everything because it has set. Could any body recommend an
alternative. and what is the pros and cons, of rapid set, pre mixed, dry sacks ect.

B

Bill

Use a cement based slow set adhesive instead, Ultra will make one along with the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Ardex, Granfix, Dunlop etc

Try and get an S1 type slowset.

T

Tommcd

I remember the first tiling job I did with rapid set, I didn't have a power mixer so was mixing by hand. By the time I'd finished mixing a bucket I had about 5 minutes before it all went off... Went through a lot of 99p buckets!

O

One Day

I remember the first tiling job I did with rapid set, I didn't have a power mixer so was mixing by hand. By the time I'd finished mixing a bucket I had about 5 minutes before it all went off... Went through a lot of 99p buckets!
Me too! It never occurred that there was slow set. Tile shops here just have me rapid and I thought that's all there was.
When I got a whisk on my sds drill and discovered slow set, I was a very happy boy.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have mixed loads of s16 with a stick:eek: but always cleaned
my buckets as that was how i was taught, buckets were like
gold in them days

B

Bill

I have mixed loads of s16 with a stick:eek: but always cleaned
my buckets as that was how i was taught, buckets were like
gold in them days
S16 was a great adhesive Albert. Buckets though... I remember getting a rollicking from my Dad for always breaking them by not cleaning them properly the night before.

D

DAX

went for the ultra s1 standard
thank you guys I started using it this morning and well completely different, not so hectic could take my time and clean the bucket and tools a third as often.

Reply to could someone recommend an alternative in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks