Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Correct way to finish an external corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

LEH

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
This one has been bugging me for a while with planning my bathroom. Might be simple but I'd be grateful if you could help me double-check.

There will be an external corner between two walls, one of which has to be tiled, and the other which I want to have plastered and painted.

First, I'm putting Marmox/Jacko boards on the tiled areas - so will the plasterer just be able to tape the corner and skim the wall plus cut board edge?

Second, what's the best way to finish the tiles at the edge? Would square edge trims with the flat face flush with the plastered side be correct or is there a better way?

S

Spare Tool

Board the walls for tile on first, then your plasterer should be fitting an external angle bead to skim up to, tile and slip a square edge trim to finnish flush with the skimmed wall...

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fitting an external metal angle bead, plasterer will have to feather out on the tile wall. Or use fast set.

Could use flexible plasterboard corner tape and fast set filler, less to feather-out, and quicker drying.

OP
L

LEH

TF
Reaction score
Got the plasterer coming round at the weekend to discuss so I'll see what he says, thanks.

Reply to Correct way to finish an external corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock