Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cornertape Silicone Remover tool in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I had some very old silicone to remove around a bath and shower on Wednesday :mad2: the usual blade and plastic silicone remover tool were taking ages to get rid of this stuff so I contacted Andy at cornertape to give me details of a local retailer selling his products, got a really quick response from Andy :thumbsup:

I bought cornertapes silicone remover tool - the tool is made from steel and comes with its own sharpening stone, the blades have been specially angled to prevent it digging into more delicate surfaces.

I must say I was really impressed with this tool as it made light work of the job. It's much better then the plastic versions I normally use and will last for ages. Good price too :thumbsup:

Thanks to Andy at Cornertape for the good customer service too :thumbsup:

OP
D

diamondtiling

No mine is different to that Doug, the head is a lot larger and has extra cutters on it so it can be pulled and pushed to cut.
I will have to take a picture.

OP
T

Terry Cottar

Simply paint Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover over the silicone making sure it is well coated down both sides. Go and have a cup of tea come back and pull or work a bit out and the rest will pull out cleanly like a ribbon:thumbsup:

tel

OP
D

diamondtiling

I will have to get a picture, mine is a more robust and bigger tool, (no jokes).

OP
B

Big-Smudge

Can it be used on acrylic baths

It sure can, the angle across the blades is less than 90 degrees so effectivly you're only using the tip of the tool, in other words you're only touching the silicone and not the bath.

Give it a tickle every now and again with the sharpening stone (provided) and it will last for years and years and years and years, bugger I think we've screwed up their. Hopefully your mate might nick it out your tool box then you'll have to buy another one.:lol:

Cheers
Andy

OP
G

Gazzer

It sure can, the angle across the blades is less than 90 degrees so effectivly you're only using the tip of the tool, in other words you're only touching the silicone and not the bath.

Give it a tickle every now and again with the sharpening stone (provided) and it will last for years and years and years and years, bugger I think we've ****ed up their. Hopefully your mate might nick it out your tool box then you'll have to buy another one.:lol:

Cheers
Andy

I am sure you said "messed up there" ! and you werent swearing :lol:

Reply to Cornertape Silicone Remover tool in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock