Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cordless grinder, who uses one ? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all,

Does anyone use a cordless grinder? If you which one and what’s your views on it?
Considering buying one but the dewalt one is £200 with no battery’s, which are £140 for one and a charger.

Any advice would be great or opinions would be great thanks

B

Blunt Tool

Have a look at the Bosch blue range, I started with the drill driver with 2 4amp batteries for 150 then bought the grinder bare for 90 then got the multi tool for 150 all from screwfix then bought 3 5amp batteries on eBay

B

Bill

Corded ones are balanced better, have a look at the Metabo grinder as this has a swivelling battery that can be turned to help with balance depending on the angle of your cutting/grinding. Not cheap mind you.

F

Flintstone

It’s something I have considered but, i can see it encouraging me to just make that little cut, without a mask, indoors, etc.

Reaction score
Av still got my old Bosch 14.4v cordless , replaced batteries a few times over the years , had it for 15 years.......you can still get it occasionally on e bay.... Great for dressing & small checks etc, even the odd kitchen splash, always handy to have one as a secondary grinder,

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hilti is by far the best cordless grinder that i've used. They are very expensive but just as good as a corded one. I had one rented for 3 yrs and i never used a corded grinder while i had it and i never had any problem whatsoever within the 3yrs, I didnt even have to replace the brushes as it was a brushless model. I've burned out 2 makita cordless in the past 2yrs but luckily screwfix replaced them free of charge...... When my present cordless Makita burns out I'll defnitely go back to Hilti......

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure about lifetime guarartee mate but they are bloody expensive...... I think the 22v one with 2 batteries and charger is approx £750.00

L

LM

Imo no cordless is as good as a corded. The best tools about are Hilti, again imo. Dewalt just haven’t considered tilers in their design of their cordless grinder, they’re so badly designed for us I wouldn’t want one for free. The best cordless grinder that lasts for bearable money is Metabo. The only one better is the Hilti, but you have to be prepared to pay big for them. All the corded grinders that I use day to day are Hilti.

Reply to Cordless grinder, who uses one ? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock