Discuss Considering an important change to the forum and want your input in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm considering an important change to the forum and the way we work it and would like your input.

I want all tile showrooms on here, FOC. But don't want it to turn into a big sales fest.

We have the new Cafe where they can chat with pro tiler and share prices etc.

So wondering if we have a new appropriate tag, us all let our local showrooms know about us, get them on the forums to share their advice and knowledge and get them involved in comps and things.

Good move or not?

Discuss.

J

J Sid

I've got no problem with the idea but are you thinking local independent or topps/CTD or both and surely you could make a bit out of it.

Reaction score
Most of us evil retaillers are happy to share products in stock etc without divulging prices! Much easier to have a chat about things like that face to face and keeps the seriously good prices for serious tillers. :)

T

Time's Ran Out

They don't have to be a sponsor but a bit of advertising revenue would be appropriate I reckon.

J

J Sid

how about, they post a discount code on the site, customer gets 15% site get 5% .
a bit like CTD do with us
an idea anyway

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
"topps" and "knowledge of tiling" just doesn't sound like they go together in a sentence...unless they are conjoined with "have very little"...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd do it for free I don't want to make money out of it.

And any showroom large or small. No need to single people out they all have pros and cons etc i guess.

We can have a section in the directory for them etc

J

J Sid

only down site I see is most tiles shops also sell bits the the forum sponsors specialize in.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah we wouldn't want them to sell on here or start particularly trying to gain customers etc.

We just want to allow them on the forum more and have some rules or guidance for them etc.

Reaction score
I would suggest for a lot of retailers it brand awareness rather than gaining customers.

I have used this site for an insight into which adhesives tillers are liking for the pros and cons (not just the price) and to keep up to date with different methods being used (I have tiled a lot myself, no NVQ no formal training just done it for fun and I'm surprised things are still on the walls!)

Also with the cost of shipping heavy things like tiles and adhesive I may be one of the cheapest in the areas I cover but add haulage fees in and it doesn't work out so I wouldn't push a sale onto a customer more than a short drive away!

F

Flintstone

I guess nationwide tile shops would probably be alright but the indipendant one shop places, might not be interested as what's really in it for them on a nationwide forum ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The sharing of advice. I don't want them selling so it doesn't matter whether they're national or on another planet. They're not posting anything out anyway. :)

O

One Day

I think, aside from those already here, it should be targeted Dan. Invite personally those who we know will have something worthwhile to share.
For instance - many retailers will have nothing to offer other than a bit of brand promotion or news about tile ranges.
I think we tilers are keener to find out about new tools, new materials and especially new techniques.
So I would look to invite major respected players i.e. NO to Topps, YES to CTD
NO to TileGiant, YES to good knowledgable indies like Casa Ceramica
That's just my two-penneth to avoid the headache which will come from retailers expecting to push their own sales.

Reply to Considering an important change to the forum and want your input in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks