Discuss Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Still be a bit lighter than humping around 3m kitchen worktops all day, or climbing around scaffold with a 4.8m length of 200x50 timber on my shoulder :D

John...

Let’s see if you say the same thing once you’ve troweled adhesive on the back and you’re lifting them above shoulder height! :D

Reaction score
The Porcel-thin tile samples came today.. I liked them so will be going with them. Any advise would be appreciated with fitting them would come in handy. Trowel type, spacer size etc.

Cheers
John..

O

Old Mod

The Porcel-thin tile samples came today.. I liked them so will be going with them. Any advise would be appreciated with fitting them would come in handy. Trowel type, spacer size etc.

Cheers
John..
What have you chosen John?

O

Old Mod

The wife is making the decision this morning

John.

Kool:)
Is she going to fit them too? :D

If you can manage a day off before you fit them and travel down to Rays for the day he’ll happily give you a day’s training on fitting them f.o.c.

And the best bit of advice I can give you is that do whatever it takes to make all your substrates as perfectly flat as you can.
Go above and beyond what you would class
as ‘good enough’
If you can achieve + or - 1mm on all surfaces to be tiled, your job will be simplified 10 fold.
And make sure you buy spare pieces, the likelihood is that you will need them.
If it’s a stock item, you can normally make an attangement to return unused pieces, but if you don’t ask, you won’t get. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I would love to go on the training course, but it’s around 250 miles away from me.
Getting the walls flat shouldn’t be a problem. I’m pulling the bathroom to bits. New stud work and the external wall I’m taking back to brick.
The only walls I will leave are about 600mm wide paramount wall, so should be flat.
I’m going to order a few extra, hopefully I won’t need them.
One question, what size tile trim to use? 6mm

Cheers
John

O

Old Mod

I would love to go on the training course, but it’s around 250 miles away from me.
Getting the walls flat shouldn’t be a problem. I’m pulling the bathroom to bits. New stud work and the external wall I’m taking back to brick.
The only walls I will leave are about 600mm wide paramount wall, so should be flat.
I’m going to order a few extra, hopefully I won’t need them.
One question, what size tile trim to use? 6mm

Cheers
John

Trim :eek:

How many concrete walls do you see with metal trim? :p

Select my avatar (pic), top left of rhis post, and when pop up appears select albums page.
First two albums demonstrate thin tile mitring.

Reaction score
Just looked at your pics, looks excellent but there’s no chance I’m trying that:D . First attempt and trying to mitre around my window reveals.. :eek:..
I wasn’t going to get chrome trims, I was looking at the Schluter trims in one of the grey colours.

John

O

Old Mod

I was looking at the Schluter trims in one of the grey colours.

John
Practise on some off cuts. Leave a 1-2mm gap at mitre with a small wedge and round off the grout when nearly dry :)
Not sure what colours Schluter do in 6mm trim.
Look at their ‘trend line’

Reaction score
Practise on some off cuts. Leave a 1-2mm gap at mitre with a small wedge and round off the grout when nearly dry :)
Not sure what colours Schluter do in 6mm trim.
Look at their ‘trend line’

I will give it a try, when I start. A grinder is not something I use very often. I might try my block plane instead :D:tearsofjoy:

John..

O

Old Mod

I might try my block plane instead :D:tearsofjoy:

John..

s1834.gif

Reaction score
One more question. I am fitting a wall hung toilet and vanity unit. What thickness Kerdi board would be best to use under Porcel-thin tiles?

Cheers
John..

Reply to Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks