Discuss Concrete grinding options in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I ned to grind down some concrete high spots to get a better level before I tile, mainly a sand and cement mix without any pebbles. What is the best attachment to use with my 115mm angle grinder. My research on here leads me to a silicone carbide product, would this be any use --here as I already have the backing pad. I also have a bosch Pex 125 sander with velcro pad I can use, or do I go for a diamond disc/pad.

L

LM

I ned to grind down some concrete high spots to get a better level before I tile, mainly a sand and cement mix without any pebbles. What is the best attachment to use with my 115mm angle grinder. My research on here leads me to a silicone carbide product, would this be any use --here as I already have the backing pad. I also have a bosch Pex 125 sander with velcro pad I can use, or do I go for a diamond disc/pad.
Silicone carbide products are a waste of time for this type of task, get something like below. But as already stated dust extraction is paramount this will. E a big health risk.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Silicone carbide products are a waste of time for this type of task, get something like below. But as already stated dust extraction is paramount this will. E a big health risk.
There was nothing below - what were you linking to ?.
The area is outside and I was planing on attaching a heavy duty vacuum cleaner either with a shroud - home made or positioning the vacume end near the flow of dust

L

LM

5AB0D445-8D5D-49A9-A021-7469D62376C8.jpeg
One of these would be better, I got there eventually :confused:

F

Flintstone

That will certainly do it, but there’s no holding the vac near by, you need to get a propper cowl and suitable vac

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Thanks chaps.The concrete area is normal mix with stones that was here when we brought but was a rough mess so I top dressed it with a sand and cement mix so do I actually need such an aggressive tool? That screwfix one unfortunately will not fit as it is a 125mm and my grinder is 115mm.
Can anyone recommend an under £15 one 115mm, I have just been looking and found some as low as £8 on ebay.
Is there anything similar that I could use on my 125mm orbital sander.
The problem with angle grinder is it only has one speed which throws out all the dust but the bosh sander I can control at a lower speed.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Thanks but I have a vac for the job and I may only need the the pad for 1 hour and then I do not mind it sitting in my tool box for a few years before I need it again. Equally I do not mind a very cheap one that will only last the one job.
What I am worried about is a very cheap one disintegrating itself rather than the concrete..

O

Old Mod

Not even a Cheap grinding cup will be weaker than the concrete, they’re very aggressive.
Should really be used with a variable speed grinder with high torque, something like a flex.
A lot of 125 discs will fit inside a 115 cowl.
I put 125 discs on my 115 grinder quite frequently.
There’s no real shortcuts unless you try going at it with an SDS drill with a scutching comb.

Reply to Concrete grinding options in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks