Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Concrete floor wetroom in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

davidsmerv

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Guys I have a customer who wants to do polished concrete floors throughout his new build including two wetroom shower areas, I'm having trouble getting any info on the right way to help him achieve this. Wants linear drains, but the problem seems to be finding out how to achieve any waterproofing, the only way I can think of is to do something below the concrete layer, ive spoken to Schluter and my local Geberit rep and they haven't been able to offer any advice.

Has anyone on here ever came across anything like this before, any help advice would be appreciated.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've seen that micro cement stuff in wetrooms on the floor that's waterproof. ..but as for polished concrete there has to be chemicals to make the concrete mix waterproof or even some kind of clear top coat

OP
C

Concrete guy

Talk to these people about concrete mixes, admixes and waterproofers.

Home | Cemcraft | Dyes | Pigments| Concrete | Cement | Concrete Fibres | Mortar Fibres | Screed Fibres | Render Fibres | Reinforcement Fibres - http://www.cemcraft.com/

Their product guides can be read here:- Product Guides | Cemcraft | Dyes | Pigments| Concrete | Cement | Concrete Fibres | Mortar Fibres | Screed Fibres | Render Fibres | Reinforcement Fibres - http://www.cemcraft.com/Products/Product_Guides.html

Bruce that runs and owns Cemcraft is very knowledgeable in this area, He's American and they are generally two decades ahead of us when it comes to polished concrete. It's a huge industry over there.

Talk to us about polishing it, it's one of the biggest growth industries in this market segment at present.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

Italy

I do it all of the sand and cement.
as I understand it, and if we manage to understand each ...
try, the procedure is the same, there is no need to isolate the screed before.
I use products, such as Mapelastic of Mapei, more rsistente Mapegum or similar.
the first hand to the floor, insert the plastic mesh for reinforcement. the second coat, without a net. the usual strips, in the corners, to the wall, two hands without a net.
everything here, the gutter must be fastened already with the necessary gradients, then it depends on the type of raceway, some ducts have already waterproof fabric (type KERDI) fixed, when you do the first coat, glue with Mapelastic the KERDI, with the second hand, the above steps to KERDI.

Reply to Concrete floor wetroom in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock