Discuss ‘Cloudy’ looking quartz starlight? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi

I’m hoping someone can advise me. My black quartz tiles always look cloudy/dusty after washing unless I get on my hands and knees and buff them to within an inch of their lives! My knees are in agony! Is there an easier way of getting a wet look?

Thanks

J

J Sid

hope your not using washing up.liquid :eek:

what are you washing them with? Could be a build of cleaning products

T

Tile Shop

The steam mop is a huge no-no on quartz. The temperature (120C....ish) can cause the resin to expand and curl the tile, and it can also damage the resin so that with prolonged use, it will etch the surface and reduce the polish.

A photo would help before advising a cleaner, but depending on whether the polished finish is actually affected and not just a film over them, you can add a surface sealer like LTP Glaze Protector which will put a certain amount of shine back.

Another new product, LTP Satin..... despite the name it's a liquid finishing wax that can be mechanically polished up to a higher shine.

Test areas should be conducted first, other cleaning and maintenance brands are available.

Reaction score
Here’s a photo, you can see the line where I can run my finger over it and it’s like when you wipe it over a dusty surface :(

198AB954-7AAE-44CC-9E62-DF78E6273F0A.jpeg

Reply to ‘Cloudy’ looking quartz starlight? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks