Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Cleaning original 1920's tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. DJM

DJM Active Member

We are updating the downstairs loo and when I lifted the floor covering I uncovered the original black/white tiles were intact and in seemingl quite good condition structurally. But some are stained and cleaning with the Lithofin we have for the kitchen has made little difference.

Any suggestions

ps I'll post some pics shortly

IMG_4243.JPG

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Welcome. As it happens we have our very own Lithofin expert right here!.... @Lithofin BOB@Lithofin BOB

What product have you been using?

3. DJM

DJM Active Member

Tried 2 products
    Easy Care and one I cant remember and will check when I get home

4. J K Tiling Cornwall

J K Tiling Cornwall Active Member

Have used Lithofin Abra clean before was really effective at removing grout haze from natural stone, nice to work with (not a strong acid or alkaline). They look like tough tiles so a strong nylon brush, Abra clean and elbow grease might just do it. But there may be something more suitable out there and maybe a colour enhancing sealant afterwards?

5. DJM

DJM Active Member

I was looking at using Lithofin Tile Restorer - work a go or is there something better?
    Had a look at Abru and it seems to be an abrasive cleaner which I might go with, but dont think some of the stains are just surface