Discuss Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

I have used this a few times on shower trays after being recommended on here from guys who create excellent work and I respect very much and by no means weekend warriors and it hasn’t been thick, obtrusive away from wall at the corner or any other negative it’s useless even tho I’ve never used it throw away comments! Kerdi is not the only solution for total waterproof guaranteed installation, there are lots and always comes down to the installers experience and confidence to install correctly. It is a very good option if used and installed correctly like any good product!

L

LM

I insist on them on large new build housing sites in conjunction with tanking.
If the shower tray/bath are of good quality and square vertically i.e: the upstand and top are 90 degrees rather than sloped from a cross section point of view then the Classi seal installed correctly is no obstruction at all, it's only about 1-1.5mm thick.
If when installing it the plumbers silicone it to the wall and have it nipped around the corner of the tray properly and not stretched it, then held the corner in place with a piece of wood scrwed to the wall until the silicone sets, when we come to tank it it's not in the way what so ever, it's a clean 90 degree and vertical internal angle.
I do agree that there are other options out there but I haven't found any that are more cost effective when tanking large volumes of new houses with a restrictive cost to build.

O

One Day

20171016_141811.jpg

Reaction score
Its very common on sites over here, getting more common in domestic applications as well. Its better in my opinion than plumber applied silicone that wont stick to the dusty wall. However most of them have them too tight around the corners and i have to cut the seal (thus rendering it useless & i fill it with silicone instead) to get a tile to fit right in. So as Dave says if fitted correctly they seem fine.

Better just tanking the whole thing in my opinion though.
Have any of you guys had experience with the black adhesive on the seal creeping under the silicone seal, between tray and tile? happened to me 3 times now

Reply to Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks