Discuss Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Corky

I came across a guy using this stuff today on a ply lined bath area ,it looks a simple product with a strong adhesive strip that sticks to the back of a shower,bath sink and is tiled over the protruding 75mm ,Im just wondering what you lads make of it.

(Broken URL removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davy_G

Its very common on sites over here, getting more common in domestic applications as well. Its better in my opinion than plumber applied silicone that wont stick to the dusty wall. However most of them have them too tight around the corners and i have to cut the seal (thus rendering it useless & i fill it with silicone instead) to get a tile to fit right in. So as Dave says if fitted correctly they seem fine.

Better just tanking the whole thing in my opinion though.

H

hillhead

Its very common on sites over here, getting more common in domestic applications as well. Its better in my opinion than plumber applied silicone that wont stick to the dusty wall. However most of them have them too tight around the corners and i have to cut the seal (thus rendering it useless & i fill it with silicone instead) to get a tile to fit right in. So as Dave says if fitted correctly they seem fine.

Better just tanking the whole thing in my opinion though.

Your right there Davy,plenty of it here indeed and too tight in the corners,
i always cut it too when needed and silicon the gap to wall and even stick the seal tight to wall,the tanking kits tape has to drop into corner too,awkward when the seal is cut,lol.good old silicon(mapesil)

C

Corky

Spoke with the plumbing ctr on the job and he said they install it with all their fittings now,something to do with leaks :yes:,I mentioned tanking to the main ctr and he visibly flinched..went upstairs and the tiler (yo-yo) was working in a shower area with classi-seal on 1 of the plasterboard walls :yikes:.

C

C McC

The classi products are the best waterproofing products on the market in my opinion. I recently renovated my bathroom with the help of a friend who is a plumber/bathroom fitter. He recommended using a Classi Bathroom Waterproofing Kit for fitting a bath with an overhead shower and it was great. Really straightforward to install with clear instructions and my bathroom has been 100% waterproof since I fitted it! Think they even have a kit for wateproofing a wetroom
Great products in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

@C McC I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. I've removed all of the very well placed hyperlinks. Any further advertising like this and it's the ban button I'm afraid! Nice to hear you like classi seal though :rolleyes:

O

One Day

They can stay with the plumbers in my opinion.

No way you can get as tight a corner with classi-seal as you can using Kerdi-keba and and bonding it to the tray with Kerdi-fix.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_20171013_062409.png

F

Flintstone

They are think and obtrusive, like some members on here :D

Always wavy too when I see them

Reply to Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks