Discuss Cheap DIY cutters - Devon Cornwall Boarder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cornish_crofter

Old DIY snap cutter Plasplug jobbie bought from B&Q sevral years ago, needs new cutting wheel but could get someone out of trouble now. Only suitable for small tiles up to around 8x8 ceramics

Old Plasplugs wet cutter. Blade needs replacing, though it still cuts but it's also noisy, so bearings could be on the way out. Again would suit DIYer who may have one or two ceramic jobs to do. Could get a pro out of trouble with simple cuts I suppose.

Free to a good home, please PM me.

If there are no takers then it's Freecycle, but would prefer them to go to someone here.

C

cornish_crofter

a bit like passing your parking ticket on, Good man

Well I have just bought a new plasplugs cutter with an aluminium bed, and I have a family of DIY snap cutters that have hardly been used recently.

Father in law gave me the wet cutter after I did their floor for them. Last time he did a bit of tiling for my BiL he used my Belle minitile!

Trouble is it's too small to be of any use to me now.

C

cornish_crofter

I have had no takers for either at the moment.

I'm thinking I may stick a glass blade in the wet cutter, and have that for cutting glass tiles only. Although it appears to be noisy it's not much worse than the new one I bought, so I'm wondering if it's a trait of these type.

C

cornish_crofter

GONE

No one on here wanted them so they've gone to a DIYer in Liskeard via Freecycle.

Reply to Cheap DIY cutters - Devon Cornwall Boarder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks