Discuss Cementitious open time Test in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Apologies Julian,
Couldn’t find your response, lost track of the thread.
What I’d like to know is about the relationship between Portland cement (used in adhesive) and aluminium when they come in to direct contact with each other.
I know that when grouting heavy machinery legs into a concrete base, Aluminium powder is added to the grout to encourage the grout to expand and lock the machinery in place. However, I also know that as a byproduct, Hydrogen gas is created.
This and it’s possible effects on tile adhesive are the subjects I’m interested in.
Oh, one more thing, is it possible to prime against a reaction taking place? :)

Thank you for the link, I only hope I find time to read it, I was kinda hoping I could cheat and get the short version from you as you’ve worked in this area.
My turn to pick your brains, a little reciprocation if you will. :D

Reply to Cementitious open time Test in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks