Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Carpal Tunel Syndrome in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
So being diagnosed with Moderate Carpal Tunnel and IT needs an op, just wondering how long others have had off work and how successful it was having the op. Told 12 weeks off from hard labour.....

Cheers
D

D

Dumbo

Everyone I know who has had it turned out OK. I say everyone that's 3 ops on 2 different people . Not sure how long they had off

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got it in my left hand....tips of my thumb and the first 2 fingers tingle / numb all the time......drives me mad....i got a splint I wear in the evening and at night to try and settle it down.
It is getting a bit better, I don't want surgery if I can get away with it....probably looking at 3 to 4 weeks off Work, I'm already looking at that amount of time off when I have my hernia opp. Which I'm still waiting for.....7 months now , you just got to love the nhs...

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My ex wife had both hands done at the same time. She had 4 weeks off, then gentle use for a few more weeks. I wouldn't recommend two hands at once! Won't go into too much detail, but toilet time was interesting o_O

OP
Wishiwasatoptiler
Reaction score
I got it in my left hand....tips of my thumb and the first 2 fingers tingle / numb all the time......drives me mad....i got a splint I wear in the evening and at night to try and settle it down.
It is getting a bit better, I don't want surgery if I can get away with it....probably looking at 3 to 4 weeks off Work, I'm already looking at that amount of time off when I have my hernia opp. Which I'm still waiting for.....7 months now , you just got to love the nhs...
It wakes me all the time. Complete numb in the thumb and two fingers to. Pins and needles have to shake it off. The other wrist I can have an injection to sort. They blame my past work life as a chef. Holding knives for hours etc at a time. From what I've read it's more like six to eight weeks from manual work....:(:(

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lol - is that what that is. Thumb and first finger numb for a few months and felt like little splashes of cold water on my forearm. After a few months the worst of it has gone and now just the tip of my thumb is numb. Got better after I stopped knocking up gear by hand - always use my paddle mixer now even if it's just half a bucket.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lol - is that what that is. Thumb and first finger numb for a few months and felt like little splashes of cold water on my forearm. After a few months the worst of it has gone and now just the tip of my thumb is numb. Got better after I stopped knocking up gear by hand - always use my paddle mixer now even if it's just half a bucket.
Exactly the same as me......everyone kept looking at me gone out when I told them about the cold sensation in my forearm..

Reply to Carpal Tunel Syndrome in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock