Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Can I regrout over existing grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,
I have just had my bathroom done 2 days ago by a professional tiler. When he has finished the grouting it looks like he has washed too much grout out of the joints.

Will it be OK to go back over it with fresh grout.

The grout is a good quality flexible grout and the tiles are rectified porcelain.

Thanks for any help

OP
C

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Hello Albert

Sorry bud, I am not that tech savvy .

The grout is fine in places but in other places it looks about one millimeter too low.

I was wondering if I could mix some thin grout and go over it.

Your advice really is appreciated.

Col

T

Time's Ran Out

Waiting for @Albert .......
Ok it should bind well to the 2 day old grout but only do a small mix/area at a time. Let it take up for about 15mins and take off with a dry wet sponge! Polish when dry.

OP
C

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Hell All,
My boy has instructed me how to get pics on
here is a before and after picture. I mixed some thin grout and done the whole bathroom. I let it dry then done as instructed by Timeless John and wiped it with 'damp dry sponge.

It looks much better. I just hope it doesn't fall out.

I have done quite a bit of tile but took ill and had to get a profesional! to do the job. I wish I had waited till I recovered and done it my self there was loads of mistakes.

Col

20181112_113835.jpg 20181112_172725.jpg 20181112_172657.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Can I regrout over existing grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock