Discuss Brutus pro1100 wet saw in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hi, just thought i would give this saw a review as i haven't found one on here. I purchased mine from Topps about a month ago, I got mine for what I considered a bargain £380 inc. I did haggle and push mind. I have put it through it's paces and give it plenty of stick using it daily to cut travertine, porcelain etc. There are a few points I will say about it, you should use the grease nipple fitted on the guide rail, sounds obvious I know but I didn't straight away and wondered why it was a bit sticky on the push. The plastic followers on the other side seem to be handling the job ok, I would say that these may prove to be a weak point over time but they would be easily replaced either with genuine parts or a local machine shop would be able to make some out of nylon or bronze for not much money. I have found that if you try to force or push too hard that the motor mount lifts up slightly resulting in the cut going slightly off line, slow down and it's fine though. Overall I have found this saw to be very good, accurate and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who hasn't got the money for the dewalt 24000. Cheers all.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Seems to be good, only more time will tell. It has certainly paid for itself already doing 3 wetrooms. All separate customers using the same 600 x 400 travertine,

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I am still just using the standard blade supplied with the machine, which to be fair is not too bad, i suppose that is linked to the motor mount moving when i'm cutting sometimes. I'm expecting too much from it and giving it too much stick. I have been looking at the marcrist ck850 i think it is, which seems like a good all round blade. Not cheap though. Any suggestions would be good.

Reply to Brutus pro1100 wet saw in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks