Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Q

Qwerty

Please checkout the following advertisement.
So I met up with BCT today. A little bit of an impromptu initial meeting but it was positive. We discussed alot but the important thing is that they are listening and now driving their company forward with the help of new management and feedback from tilers.

It's hoped that they will join the forum soon and with a further meeting (s) we may soon see things improving for us all.

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Still wouldn't supply their products,Let alone fix them,It's a shame that a British factory can't make decent tiles.

OP
O

One Day

Still wouldn't supply their products,Let alone fix them,It's a shame that a British factory can't make decent tiles.

I believe a British factory CAN make great tiles.
The problem here is the market position.
BCT are very much a budget brand despite their marketing claims.
Royal Mosa or Florim they certainly are not.
You get what you pay for and to be fair BCT don't cost much.

That said, they're still truly awful even at budget prices!

OP
B

Bill

I have some 600x600 BCT porcs (so I have been told) to lay soon - I hope they are better than this ceramic poo.

Del W

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ted Baker by BCT. Customer had to buy another box. Several misprints out of 6 sqm. several chips. Thinking that I wont be using BCT anymore.
Heron close & van Feb 2018 017.jpg
Heron close & van Feb 2018 018.jpg

OP
G

GoneGuy

With the price of the ted baker tiles and with them supposedly manufactured abroad you would have thought they would be spot on

Reaction score
I have recently been fixing for bathstore.
So far all of the bathrooms that I have done have been with tiles from BCT.
What a joke these tiles are.
I put some 100x200 tiles up and they were1mm different on the vertical. Many were twisted and many had transit marks.
I have done a further half dozen bathrooms using BCT tiles and they all had issues.
Sure, I got over it, but it takes extra time.
I would always try and steer a customer away from this company.
In fact when a customer asks where to source tiles from, I give them a few names but also say please don’t buy from this company.
Absolute garbage!
Somebody on here mentioned poor quality control.
I would say no quality control !

They really need to up their game and get modern machinery/ techniques. If not what is their problem ?
There must be a manufacturing issue surely ?

OP
O

One Day

They really need to up their game and get modern machinery/ techniques. If not what is their problem ?
There must be a manufacturing issue surely ?

I would say that the issues and faults are mainly with their attitude.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Funnily enough this issue was raised again when I visited a supplier today. I will be speaking to the director again to see what they have been doing since we last met.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Was contacted by a lady in NYC back in April about an issue she had with BCT tiles that somehow found themselves stuck (very badly I might add through tile quality, not fixer error!) to her bathroom walls. Got this reply from her today after I got back to her.......

20180822_234517.jpg

If the quality of a BCT product is unacceptable in the USA, why is it acceptable here!?!?!?

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock